The official site of the Paisley Pirates. Founded in 1946. Home games are played at Braehead Arena.



Picture: Al Goold (


Pirates had to fight back from potential embarrassment to avoid a scare, eventually running out narrow 3-2 winners in this Scottish Cup Quarter Final second leg.They progress to the semi finals 11-2 on aggregate, after being two goals down on the night at the halfway mark.


In a match which saw them outshoot their hosts by 46 shots to 8, they were unable to find their way past Beveridge in the home goal for a long time, and were a goal down after 13 minutes as Green beat Meechan for the opening marker against the run of play. In spite of the volume of traffic heading towards the North Ayr end of the ice, the “No Entry” sign was up in Beveridge’s goal and thus the visitors went in at the first break one goal behind, although still comfortably ahead on aggregate.


The visitors came out looking for an early goal in the middle session to steady the nerves, and it came in the 23rd minute, but at the wrong end, as Kerr defeated Meechan to put his side 2-0 ahead, and cause some twitching in the visitors’ ranks. However, Pirates simply rolled up their sleeves even further and mounted a comeback, as Johnston pulled a goal back after 32 minutes and the recovery was on, although they could not find an equalizer before the end of the period.


Pirates were again looking for an early counter in the final session to reflect the balance of play a little more accurately, and former Wild man Dobson duly supplied the finish to a move with Johnston and Crute with less than 3 minutes gone in the period to tie the scores at 2-2. In a period which saw Wild have only one shot on Graeme Meechan, there was only going to be one winner and after more visitors’ pressure, the killer goal arrived with five minutes remaining, Henderson this time linking with Crute and Spiers to supply the knockout blow and allow Pirates’ fans to breathe more naturally for the remainder of the game.